The tour to see the castles is one of our many tours we offer. Visit the Rhine and Main river.
Take a bicycle tour. Visit Austria. We have many others to offer.
Inquire within and let us know what you like to see. Guided and self driving tours.
GERMANY - Castles - Alps
This is an active tour and the number of tour participants is small. We will have opportunities to travel together but also many chances to explore on your own. There will always be free time in the villages we visit. This special itinerary is designed for a minimum of packing and unpacking so your time is spent exploring the churches, castles, villages and shops, getting to know the local people or just relaxing and enjoying yourself in spectacular surroundings.
Our accommodations are carefully chosen. In Munich we will stay at a hotel near the airport. In Fuessen and Salzburg our stay is “Inn-Style”, best described as a combination between a large American http://prescriptionpharmacy.net/ Bed & Breakfast and small, private hotel. All accommodations include a private bath and a full breakfast is served each morning.
This tour price is based on double occupancy standard rooms, per person,
starting in Munich. It is possible to book a single room. If interested in the Oktoberfest, I recommend to come earlier. You be on your own.
1. DAY: Arrive in Munich. Overnight at a hotel near the airport.
2. DAY: Munich city tour en route to Fuessen. On the way visit the famous Wieschurch. We will stop for lunch. On your own.
Welcome cocktail party and overnight, Fuessen.
3. DAY: Tour King Ludwig’s famous Neuschwanstein Castle by horse drawn carriage. Dinner. Overnight in Fuessen.
4. DAY: Drive to Ottobeuren, known for its breath taking cultural treasures. Lunch is included. Return to Fuessen and overnight.
5. DAY: Visit King Ludwig’s Linderhoff castle, also known as the “Water Castle” because of its many enchanting fountains. It was his gift to the famous composer Richard Wagner. Visit Kloster Ettal. We continue to Garmisch to overnight.
6. DAY: Visit Garmisch and the Zugspitze. If weather permits you see the Alps. Return to Garmisch and overnight.
7. DAY: We leave Garmisch and continue to Austria with several stops. One will be the famous crystal factory “Swarovsky. Overnight in Kitzbuehel.
8. DAY: We continue to Salzuburg. A guided walking tour of Salzburg familiarizes you with the city. Evening free for optional classical music concerts at the historic “Mirabellengarten”.
9. DAY: The day is free for hiking, relaxing, shopping (great shopping), the optional “Sound of Music” tour or other excursions.
10. DAY: Leave Salzburg. On the way to Munich visit our last castle, site of the famous mirror room on the Island on Lake Chiemsee.
Only accessible by boat. Overnight in Munich.
11. DAY: Day in Munich. City tour. Shopping. Visit the gardens and museum.
12. DAY: Depart for home or other destinations.
- Tour I: April 27 – May 8
- Tour II: October 6 - 17
- 11 nights accommodations with private bath
- 12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- All group transportation including
- Airport transfer
- All fees for churches and castles
- Lunches and dinners except as mentioned
- Opt. day tours and transportation
- Opt. Salzburg concert tickets
- Overseas flight to Munich
Price per person: Double occupancy from Munich: US Dollar $ 4.370,- Minimum 4 – max 8 people